Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Oreo M&M Magic Bars with Graham Cracker Crust




It's almost the end of March and Easter is just four days away. How did that happen??! This week's weather in Boston has been lovely and very spring-like, and spending a lot of time in the kitchen isn't something that's attractive to me right now. I'm in the mood for quick recipes that will still allow me time to get outside and enjoy this nice, fresh spring air.

And that little lead-in, of course, brings me to this easy, quick recipe for Oreo M&M magic mars with graham cracker crust. Eeeeeaaaaaasy. The part that takes the longest is making your graham cracker crumbs in the food processor. But you can save yourself those 5 minutes by buying pre-made graham cracker crumbs at the store, if you'd like. And the ingredient list for this recipe is super short! It's six whole ingredients, folks. That's it!

The original recipe for "Mega Stuff Oreo S'more Magic Bars" comes from Lauren's Latest. The only change I  made to her original recipe was substituting Easter M&M's for chocolate chips. Other than that, I followed the recipe exactly!

Ingredients:

-1 and 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
-1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
-1 14-oz. can sweetened condensed milk
-1/2 cup M&M's
-1 cup chopped Oreos

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 13x9 pan with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray; set aside. Mix together the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter until moist. Spread evenly into prepared pan to form your crust. Pour sweetened condensed milk over top, spreading to cover the crust evenly. Sprinkle the M&M's, marshmallow bits, and chopped Oreos over top.

Bake 15 to 20 minutes until edges are golden and bars are set (the crust will not jiggle if you shake the pan). Let cool, and cut into bars. Makes 24 bars.







I have to warn you; these bars are on the sweet side (I mean, hellooo, look at the ingredient list ;)). I brought many of these to work to share with my colleagues, and I actually cut the size bars you see in these pictures in half. And that size seemed to be perfect for folks - just a couple bites - enough to satisfy your sweet tooth but not overdo it!!







I wrapped a few of these treats up in a cute little Easter bag to give to our neighbors. :)


Complete with some extra M&M's, of course!!


Although I made these with the "Bunny" M&M's, of course, you can make them with regular M&M's any time of year...or, you can make these bars for other holidays with all the various holiday-themed M&M's that come out each season! So, I'd say these are a nice treat that can vary per holiday. Very versatile. ;)


Hope you didn't mind the change up from a Wedding Wednesday post to a recipe this week! Hopefully I'll have another wedding post next week.

Happy springtime! :)

This post is linked up to Taste and Tell Thursdays

No comments:

Post a Comment